AVTN (Aviation Television News)
A £218 million multi-media Global News Network for Aviation and all its stakeholders.
In 2016 NewsNet24-7 was added to the Project following Investor Interest. NewsNet24-7 offers a more generic Business & Consumer channel to the proposal – AVTN.TV. The project was suspended in 2018 due to difficulties raising full-funding as a result of Brexit and International Trade and Investment headwinds.
BT Future Travel Experience — Thought Leadership Dinner
AS CEO of AVTN, I was invited to attend a BT Dinner event held at the top of the BT Tower, London in February 2015. Representatives of 12 airlines and airports gathered at a dinner hosted by BT as part of the Future Travel Experience Europe event in London. BT’s own customer experience futurologist Dr. Nicola Millard shared the speaking platform with David Oliver, Head of Technology and Innovation at Etihad Airways and Joanna Howard, Head of Customer Insight at BT. Discussion over after-dinner mints was moderated by industry veteran Robert Cook.
Helicopter Camera Systems
- I was responsible for the assembly of the last Skymount helicopter mounts to be manufactured. Skymount was a CAA approved helicopter camera mount; I also fielded sales enquiries and attending trade shows with the product. The product has since been superseded.
- I am Familiar with Wescam and FLIR Helicopter Camera Systems.
Commercial Aviation Filming
I have been involved in filming a number of Aviation Documentaries, Commercials, and Corporate productions during my career.
- Concorde (BA)
- Flying Colours Airline (Launch Presentation)
- Monarch Facilities Manchester
- BAE Bristol Filton (FCO)
- Bangkok (BKK)
- Fairoaks Airport (ICAO: EGTF)
- Hanoi (HAN)
- Hong Kong (defunct Kai Tak)
- London Heathrow (LHR)
- Manchester Airport (MAN)
- Nice (NCE)
- Phnom Penh (PNH)
- Singapore (SIN)
- Tan Son Nhat (SGN)
Heritage Aviation Filming
- The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and Facilities (RAF Coningsby)
- Lancaster Bomber, Spitfire, Hurricane, Dakota
- Science Museum ‘Big Object Store’ Wroughton Airfield (Comet, Super Constellation and many more)
- WWI airfield and oak hangars Corsham, Wiltshire